Join our team!
Thank you for your interest in applying for the VISTAs in the Piedmont Program! We are currently seeking 19 VISTAs to serve in our program beginning July 20, 2018 and ending July 19, 2019. Applications are open through May 30, 2018. We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
How to submit your AmeriCorps VISTA application online
- To start the application process, create an account on my.americorps.gov. This will be where you input your skills, work and volunteer experience, personal statement, and references.
- Review our 2018-19 service opportunities to determine which service sites you are interested in serving with.
- Then, visit the AmeriCorps opportunities page, and search for VISTA opportunities in South Carolina. Our opportunities are listed as "18 VISTAs in the Piedmont".
About the interview and hiring process
Once submitted, the VIP Program Sponsor and current VIP VISTA Leaders will review your application. Candidates deemed a strong fit for the VIP program will be contacted for a preliminary phone interview. This process usually takes 2-4 business days. If selected for a phone interview, here are some things to consider:
- Prior to your phone interview with the VISTA Leader, please identify 2-4 service sites that interest you. You can find a list of service sites with full position descriptions here.
- Please prepare for your interview with any questions you have about serving with the VIP Program.
- After the preliminary interview, the VISTA Leader will send all application materials to site supervisors at the organizations you've expressed interest in serving with. Site supervisors will contact candidates via e-mail or phone if they would like to set up an interview. Interviews with site supervisors will take place within two weeks of the preliminary phone interview.
- Site supervisors make final hiring decisions based on your complete application packet, including interview notes and references. If you are offered a VIP position, you have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer, unless told otherwise by the site supervisor.
- All hiring decisions will be made by June 1, unless otherwise communicated during the phone interview.